I started construction in 1980 working for a local contractor building Docks, Jetties, Sea walls, and doing Masonry work along the Connecticut shore.
Later, I went to work for a large commercial Structural Restoration & Roofing contractor that had several departments including a Sheetmetal, Masonry, Plumbing, and a Carpentry division. After many years of hard work, I became a foreman with the company and ran crews from 6 to 16 men. We worked very closely with several large roofing contractors such as Dahill, Premier, and Quality roofing.
With this company I did the following types of work:
- Hot asphalt - Modified bituman - Rubber roofing - Foam roof systems - Tapered insulation systems - EPDM flashing-
- Asphalt shingle- Wood shingle - Slate shingle - Clay roof tile - Copper Lead & Aluminum sheet metal fabrication-
- Masonry building repair & restoration - Commercial drain pipe instalations with Cast iron - Pvc - Copper -
- Gutter installation - Roof framing & General carpentry -
I also worked for a structural steel erecting and fabrication company in Portland CT. I worked as an Ironworker erecting large commercial buildings and additions and in the fabrication shop performing tasks such as: Cutting, Welding, Layout, Painting, and Assembly.
My last job before starting my own business was for a large Commercial, Residential & Industrial Building contractor where I perfomed all types of construction such as:
- Excavation - Sitework - Demolition - Formwork - Concrete slabs & walls- Chemical containment slabs - Gas station fuel island installations -
- Handicap access entryway - ramps & restrooms -Automated storage facilities -
- Special climate and atmosphere controlled rooms for calibration and testing - Restaurant and commercial office renovation
- Masonry - Stonework - Framing - Siding - Roofing - Insulation - Plumbing - Heating - Drywall - Painting - Wood , Tile & Vinyl flooring -
- Stairs - Finish Carpentry - Cabinetry - Millwork - Kitchens - Bathrooms - Additions - New construction - Restoration
- Historic buildings Commercial interiors Schools, Banks, Libraries, Churches, Police, Fire ect.
Some of the many projects I have worked on are:
- New Haven city hall renovation- Yale university & Hospital - The Palace theater - Storer cable offices- Community center - NHFD
- Main Post office facilty - Claires
- Knights of columbus - East haven town hall - Rusty scupper- U.S.Repeating Arms (Winchester)
- New York - Bear mountain inn - Brewster NY schools - Premier offices Tarrytown NY -
- National Life insurance Vermont - Anheuser Busch brewery Nashua NH - McDonald's - Subway sandwich shop - T A truckstop Baltimore Maryland - Consolidated laundry's New Jersey -
- Pratt & Whitney aircraft North Haven - United Technologies Windsor Locks - Bristol Hospital - Uconn Storrs - CT college New London - Cigna insurance -
- Schools include - East Haven - Norwalk - Stamford - Hamden - Windsor - North Branford Police Departmet. Hundreds of residential project & Additions -
I started my own company in 1992 building & remodeling homes on the shoreline.
I schedule and work on only one project at a time.
I complete all projects from the Permits, Drawings, Excavation, Foundation to completion.
I have worked with many people in the construction industry and have built good relationships over the years. This benefits my customers in many ways such as: competitive pricing, shorter leed times, faster job completion, high quality work, and unique and personal touches.
Since I started my business, all of my projects are from customer referals or from people who see the quality of my work.